Now that I am officially remote working, I have an extra 2 hours in the day that I can spend on recipe creation.
This weekend I made an incredibly delicious chicken in my new Le Creuset braiser. It paired really well with some roasted carrots and yellow rice.
- 1 whole chicken
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup herbs de provence
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 lemon
- 1 medium onion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I split the chicken in half but you can cook whole.
- Chop the onions and lemons into slices.
- In a bowl, combine the oil, herbs and spices.
- Dry the chicken. Salt and pepper the skin. (I used some Tony’s instead of just salt and pepper). Spread the oil/herb blend on the chicken.
- Add some onion and lemon underneath the chicken in the pan and on top chicken.
- Bake the chicken while covered for 30-45 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Uncover and increase the oven to 450 degrees and brown the skin. This took about 20 minutes for me.
I hope you enjoy and are staying healthy during this difficult time!