I am getting a little tired of my dark chocolate squares for after lunch. I decided to switch it up this week and make some muffins. Before last week, I had never tried buckwheat flour and was excited to put it in a new recipe.
- 3 bananas , half of another banana for garnish (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup (you can skip if you use ripe bananas. I can’t eat ripe bananas so needed a little sweetener.)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil or any other oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 8-10 muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana with a fork.
- Stir in cinnamon, coconut oil, vanilla and egg until well combined.
- Fold in salt, baking powder and buckwheat flour.
- If adding, fold in chocolate chips.
- With a spoon, fill muffin tins to about 3/4.
- If doing a garnish, add the banana slice to the top.
- Back for about 20 minutes or until knife comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes then enjoy or save for later.