Happy New Year! My new year started with very little fanfare. Friends came over for dinner and a game night.
I baked chicken wings instead of frying them and apparently, the secret is aluminum free baking powder. They were really good!
I had taken a break during the holidays from work and a little from my diet changes. I didn’t sway too much. No binge eating which is shocking! I am now back on the transformation train and I also have one big new year’s resolution. I am going to skip the week 4 check in and will give myself time to restart.
I am going to do a low spend year, not a complete no spend though. I tend to compensate from one rush to another. So instead of eating food especially sugar to get a rush, I have been spending quite a bit.
This year I will set the following rules:
- No new clothes unless I need to replace a staple item.
- I can buy gifts for others within reason
- No limits on food
- No new types of makeup or skincare, only replacing
- Definitely no new movies, books or magazines. I have so many books, some that I haven’t even read yet.
- No extra coffee or drinks unless out with friends or family
- I can still do one self care activity a month and will still get my rewards if I hit my weight goals.
I finally got my planner so will be working to get that started too and plan some more detailed goals.
I am grateful for the new year and new opportunities.